Not surprisingly, the most-read blog for Seamless Enterprise in the first half of 2009 was focused on predicting industry trends (Seven 2009 Business Telecom Predictions). With so much change underway in the telecommunications industry, readers seem to hunger for forward thinking thought pieces. One of the top runnerups-- UC, Web 2.0 and the Future--was also forward looking (rankings were based on reader traffic).
In this piece Sprint Vice-President of Corporate Strategy Russ McGuire weighed in with seven predictions of "shifts" that would affect the industry: "VOIP is dead"; B'bye desk phone; IP surges ahead...and so on.
The remaining blog postings covered wide ground, but notably, posts about UC (unified communications) and VOIP had the most interest among our readers. And of course, posts about the Palm Pre were popular (two in the top 10)
So here's the top blogs of 09 so far with links. Read and enjoy--and feel free to comment (it's never too late to provide your opinion).
Top 10 blog posts for the first half of 2009 (Seamless Enterprise)
1. Seven 2009 Business Telecom Predictions (2/21) McGuire
2. UC, Web 2.0 and the Future of Collaboration (6/02) Glenn
3. The Greening of IT:5 Network Centric Approaches (4/22) McGuire
4. I am done with Web 2.0 (2/14) Glenn
5. VOIP is more than Plumbing (1/28) Ledgerwood
6. VOIP Death Debate is Missing the Point (1/19) Parrott
7. Pre Deserves its Post Announcement Buzz (5/26) Carter
8. What the Media is Saying about the Pre (6/12) Carter
9. Why SIP Trunking and OCS Integration Matters (2/05) Coker
10. Now for the User's View of UC (5/05) Obrian and The ROI of UC about Productivity, not Technology (5/18) Glenn TIE